Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The days I save

The days I save
By Maham Jabeen                                                              
University is going to open tomorrow on 27th of February, the thunder of excitement wake me up whole night. It's the best semester among our whole graduation time period. This is the time, when I enter in the practical world of "Media" and this sounds Wow to me.  Lots of Enthusiasm flows in my veins. As I already performed internship at well-known news agency last July where I got to know about news writing and now this is going to be same.
And the very next day I found my friends as thrilled as I am and we all are selected as editors for opening several editions of Roshni newspaper. We have two well-equipped computer labs for English, Urdu and Sindhi sections which provides professional environment. However, it's going to be most memorable and astonishing experience for all of us.
We as first editors has to work hard for the first edition as this is all new and glittering but tough and responsible work at the same time.
It is hard to express about our learning throughout this whole time.
Team-work, importance of coordination, sense of responsibility, and importance of time are the key learning to me.
Experience is expensive in this field. `I know' is not the word here. We always learn something new in this field every day as the working in odd situations; boycott doesn't matter to our work and many other tough times.
For me it is slightly different from previous experience at news agency but internship experience remains privilege to one during this entire time.
All memories our precious but Specially, the day when we were not received news from our beat reporters due to semester preparation holidays and we have to publish the issue as there is no holiday of newspaper; me and my colleague first time went to criminology department and spent almost hours with the faculty members who helped us a lot and not only gave us news but briefly explain about the law and order situation in university, I may never know much before this. This day I realized that this is not just a work but informative work. If you work keenly then you'll be rich with knowledge as well which is the key ingredient for any media person at initial or extreme stage of this field. And many other such sorts of incident happened in this whole fantasy year which are unforgettable and will be useful in our future.
This is the life time experience for all of us which we will never forget!
Batch MC-2k10
This practical work was carried out under the supervision of Sir Sohail Sangi

No comments:

Post a Comment