Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ideas come spontaneously from spiritually symbolic thought process: Naimatullah Khilji



Ideas come spontaneously from spiritually symbolic thought process: Naimatullah Khilji

 October 2012 
Interview by Ume Hani
Naimatullah Khilji was born in 1968.He done his education in SSC (Science) from BISE, Hyderabad in 1985 HSC (Pre-Eng) from BISE Sukkur in 1987 B.A in Fine Arts 1993.M.A in Fine Arts 1995.

Q: When did you decide to become an artist?
A: An artist has been there since I was a small child. I was exposed throughout my childhood to a rich diversity of cultural experiences. I live in Sindh so this developed in me a deep sense of love for the land and, a strong bond and connectedness between people of diverse cultures and languages. It was a very stimulating environment visually, spiritually and viscerally, perfect for an aspiring artist.

Q: Where did you train?
A: Just I told u I did my bachelors & Masters in SoU. I got all training through good teachers.

Q: How did your training influence you?
A:The informal training had a very significant influence, on me as it embodied my formative years. However, my formal education definitely broadened my perspective, perceptions and technical skills along with enabling me to begin to articulate both visually and orally about my artwork. I also was able to study with some of the artists whose work impacted me. I found this invaluable

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: My ideas usually come from a spontaneous, spiritually symbolic concept or thought process. I am inspired by nature, traditional rituals, people in relation to their culture and environment.

Q: what is your interest?
A: Paintings and Sculptures, is my field of interest, I developed my attachment with this medium of expression since my childhood and I spent nearly 13/14 years in this field.

Q: Tell me about your work? What are you currently working on?
A: work is deeply rooted in the cultural traditions of Indus Civilization both its richness and poorness of its socio economic Life, with all its beauty and diversity is extremely lovable phenomena in my Landscapes, fore track Paintings and Sculptures.
Latest traditional sculptures of Buddha powerful medium of expression covering the 5000 years of history from Moen-Jo-Daro (Famous King Priest) through Gandhara Art.

Q:Are you artist so why you teach?
A: teaching is my passion…

 October 2012
Practical work in second semester BS-III at Department of Mass Communication University of Sindh, Under supervision of Sir Sohail Sangi

No comments:

Post a Comment